I am a strong believer in evidence based, scientific, functional testing, particularly for health conditions that are proving hard to treat. Functional testing enables me to view and to confirm any imbalances in your health. It enables me to base my treatment on the results of testing, so that I can target your condition with the most appropriate natural medicine, diet and lifestyle. I can discuss any functional tests that may help direct your treatment, after your initial consultation with me at Louella Natural Health in Nelson or Stoke.
I order the test kits for you, which are delivered to you. Your job is to gather the sample either at home or in a lab and to send it back in the courier bag provided. All this will be explained carefully! I get in touch with you when the results are returned and we make an appointment to discuss these. Tests may require DNA, urine, stool or serum samples.
There are a variety of functional tests that can be ordered, depending on your presenting complaint. These are just some of the most popular Functional testing options available at Louella Natural Health:
- Fitgenes Health and Wellbeing Genetic Profile: Selects a wide range of genes that are key to general health, including those that are associated with cardiovascular health, cell defence, inflammation and detoxification. This test uses a DNA buccal (mouth) swab.
- DUTCH complete: The Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones tests Adrenal and Sex hormone metabolites and Organic acid markers. Includes: cortisol, cortisone, cortisol metabolites, creatine, progesterone, androgen, oestrogen metabolites, 8-OhdG, Melatonin, neurotransmitter metabolites, a few nutritional organic acids. A urine test.
- Organic Acids: A comprehensive metabolic snapshot of your overall health with over 70 markers. Provides evaluation on intestinal yeast and bacteria, nutrient levels, energy and neurotransmitter levels and more. A urine test.
- GPL-Tox Profile: Every day we are exposed to hundreds of toxic chemicals on the farm, in the house, through our food and in our streets. This test screens for 172 different environmental pollutants using 18 different metabolites. Also includes Tiglylglycine (Tg), a marker for mitochondrial damage, often seen in those suffering from fatigue from chronic toxic chemical exposure. A urine test.
- GPL Mycotox: There have been a growing number of cases of mould in the home, particularly in Northland. Mould produces mycotoxins, which can be extremely damaging to human health. This tests for a number of different types of mould, each of which require precise treatment in order to be eliminated.
- Complete Microbiome Profile: Assesses your intestinal microbiome, with attention to bacterial, parasitic, and viral pathogens that can cause disease, disrupt the normal microbial balance and contribute to chronic gastro-intestinal conditions. It also measures the balance of your beneficial flora, as well as testing for signs of gut inflammation, gut lining hyperpermeability and gut immune function. A stool sample that uses PCR technology.
- P88-DietaryAntigen Test: measures IgE, IgG4 and IgG exposure by different food groups, thus measuring immediate or delayed allergies and sensitivities to specific foods. A serum test.
Contact Louella for more information on 022 684 1459.