Naturopathy is a health care system that practices holistic medicine. This practice looks at all the systems of the body when looking for the underlying causes of disease. It also considers all aspects of a person: body, mind, spirit, and emotions, in the quest for optimal health and wellness. Naturopathy is considered to be complimentary, not alternative medicine as we are happy to work alongside medical mainstream doctors. Both streams of medicine have an important place in the health of an individual. The following principles are the foundation of naturopathic medicine:
• Recognition of self-healing: Naturopathy aims to remove all obstacles to this natural process.
• Identify and treat the cause – rather than just the symptoms.
• First do no harm: Minimise side effects of treatments, avoid harmful suppression of symptoms, work with an individual’s self-healing process.
• Be the Coach: The Naturopath coaches the client to encourage self-responsibility for health.
• Treat the whole person – to achieve a holistic balance of an individual’s physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social and spiritual health.
• Prevention: Emphasis is placed on intercepting disease by making appropriate interventions in partnership with clients.
Call now to book
+64 22 684 1459